I have completed the first 10 Tzaangors for my Thousand Sons/Disciples of Tzeentch armies!
Yet another bunch of models that have been sat base coated now complete!
I have painted up a second squad of Scarab Occult Terminators for my Thousand Sons army.
As with most projects these days, I built these models before painting them, and if I am honest, this was a mistake. They are such highly detailed models, especially when it comes to painting the helms, that they have suffered a bit. I am not saying they look awful, just not happy with them in bits.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the new Thousand Sons Infernal Master model.
This is a really cool model, although the swirly daemon summoning magic stuff looks like it could break at any time. Doesn’t fill me with confidence taking it to places for games.
However, the none twisted backpack, and the whole concept is very cool. Nice little nods here and there to the heresy.
These guys were pretty “horrifying” to photograph! 😀
I don’t have as much time for painting these days as I used to, so I decided to get these done to what I consider my table top standard. I plan on using them for both my Thousand Sons, and my Disciples of Tzeentch army, whenever I get round to that.
I don’t tend to return to old models, but in Ahriman’s case, I made an exception.
This old metal model is one of the first I ever collected for Chaos, and he was the reason I made a strong connection with the Thousand Sons. I have tried to keep as much of my older paint job on him I could, whilst making sure he fit the paint scheme for my current force.
It’s nothing special, but the model holds a special place in my collection.
I have recently finished off the last 5 miniatures for my Thousand Sons Squad with Bolters!
I have just finished painting a Mutalith Vortex Beast for my Thousand Sons.
As with most of my gaming pieces these days, I decided to build this model fully before painting. However, I realised how much of a mistake it was when it came to the portal, and the tentacles, so had to pry them off. Tricky model to paint this, but happy with the results given it is a gaming piece.
I have completed my third and Final Daemon Prince for my Thousand Sons. I wanted to have models that kept the style of the Thousand Sons, whilst also looking suitable for their role on the table top.
The theme of the three princes was to have one with very little corruption, almost a rubric prince. The second (this one) to show a little corruption, and the final one to be mega corrupted.
Anyway, here he is.
Here is the three of them in “order”:
During the most recent lock down due to COVid-19, I have taken to painting up miniatures I have had for ages, but not got round to it. One of which was the 30K version of everyone’s favourite Primarch, Magnus the Red.
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this model. For a start it is excellently sculpted, and the pose is suitably dynamic, and lets be honest, it’s Magnus, so he is brilliant.
However I hate painting resin, even Forge World’s very high quality resin has been spoilt by just how good Citadel plastic miniatures are. Some of the details on resin figures just don’t come out well in the production process (specifically the very fine detail), and it’s kind of infuriating because it makes painting certain elements of it a chore.
Still, the best Primarch ever has yet another space in my display cabinet!
So, this is the second Daemon Prince/Contemptor Dread conversion I completed, but it is technically the third one. As it is the one showing the most corruption. I really enjoyed this project, and I have had to prevent myself from going too overboard with it, as it is a gaming piece. But I am happy with how he has turned out!